Due to popular demand we had to upgrade the location for “De la Riva Seminar”. A bigger Dojo is now booked and will be the stage for this great evening with the Master and all team. Check bellow the directions and schedule. Be in time! For more info call 01273 411486 or 07779 055563
What to do on Wednesday:
* You can come to BJJ Academy, meet the others and go all together from here;
* or You can go straight to Mid Sussex Martial Arts Dojo in Haywards Heath.
6.15pm – Meet up at BJJ Academy (90 Boundary Road)
6.45pm – Head to Mid Sussex Martial Arts School
7.30pm - Seminar due to start
Directions to Dojo:
Mid Sussex Martial Art School, Sloop Lane, Scaynes Hill, West Sussex RH17 7NP
• Travel to Scaynes Hill
• Close to the Service Station, take the turning opposite ‘The Farmers PH’ called: CHURCH ROAD.
• You will know you are in Church Road, as you will soon pass the Church on your left.
• After a mile or so the road swings sharp left and becomes SLOOP LANE.
• You will know you are in Sloop Lane, as you will pass the Sloop PH on your right.
• After a further 800 yds or so you will go UNDER a metal Railway Bridge (The Old Bluebell Railway).
• Shortly after the Bridge you will see TOWN PLACE FARM on your right. (Do not try to access via the little muddy drive immediately after the bridge, but use the Main Farm Access).
• Enter the Farm through the Double Gates and park in the Courtyard if space, or the Car Park beyond, if not.
• The Dojo is in the White Building (The Old Granary) opposite the large wooden hay store. It may look derelict, but it is not!
• Dojo Office: 01825 791703 prior for more info if required • Dojo Phone: 01444 318422 during Training Sessions
We made little changes on the timetable regarding the morning classes:
From today (Monday-May 21st) morning classes are at 10am (every Monday-Wednesday-Friday)
Once again we are working together with our students to improve our timetable and training sessions. The aim is to make things even better for those who live far from the gym. Now they can put together two sessions (10am and 12pm) and make the most of it. At least 3 hours of pure BJJ training!
De La Riva Seminar
Last few days to confirm you entry on the most wanted seminar of the year. Train with the legend himself! Don’t miss this opportunity!
Meet and train with the legend Ricardo De La Riva!
BJJ Academy is proud to announce, the 6th Degree Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt’s Seminar late this month at our Dojo. He is one of the most creative guard players in BJJ, having created the the famous “De La Riva” guard having also become an important instructor with several important black belts under his tutelage such as Rodrigo and Rogerio Nogueira, Eduardo Brigadeiro, Walter “Broca” and many others.
De La Riva in Detail
Full Name: Ricardo De La Riva Goded.
Lineage: Mitsuyo Maeda > Carlos Gracie > Carlson Gracie > Ricardo De La Riva
Most Famous Fight: was against Royler Gracie for the “Cantão Cup”, were Ricardo won sweeping the Gracie Master with his trademark guard. This was Royler Gracie’s first competitive defeat as a Black Belt.
Favourite Technique/Position: De La Riva Guard.
Weight Category: Super Featherweight (64Kg – 141lbs).
When: Wednesday, 30th of May, due to start at 7.30pm